O ur lineage dates to the 1930s and several of our clients have been with the firm for several decades. Our clients’ dedication to the firm is a testament to the quality and value of our work. Our formula for success is no secret. It is based on decades of professional growth and our steadfast commitment to building strong relationships with clients. We understand that clients seek both experience and a proven track record when seeking counsel for challenging issues involving complex legal, scientific, and business considerations. We offer that and more. We have a growing number of professionals carefully selected not only for their stellar credentials, but also their diverse experiences and achievements.
Our professionals include former scientists, doctoral-level professionals, and engineers representing nearly every facet of industry, including pharmaceutical sciences, biotech, automotive technology, imaging and more. Our professionals also include authors of legal treatises and legal experts who speak at conferences world-wide. While many firms may stop there, our scientific and legal expertise is further supplemented by our command of business matters. Our professionals include former in-house counsel, executives, and entrepreneurs. With this diversity comes great strength.
Our growing list of clients includes corporations, from start-ups to multi-national conglomerates, leading academic and research institutions, and individual inventors, artists, and entrepreneurs.
Our longtime clients – and those engaging us more recently – have shared why they entrust Lucas & Mercanti with their legal matters, most often mentioning our:
- Deep knowledge of our clients’ industries and business challenges;
- Comprehensive services, including patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation, preparing patent, trademark and copyright applications, licensing, management of global IP portfolios, providing opinions related to validity, infringement and due diligence/merger practice;
- Ability to expertly handle complex matters, including 505(b)(2) matters, ANDA and other complex litigation, patent life cycle management for drug products, patent prosecution in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, imaging systems, automobile components, heavy industry, control systems, engineering, electronics, telecommunications, and wireless technologies, and software intellectual property.
- Proven success in litigation and in opposition proceedings before the USPTO and foreign patent and trademark offices world-wide;
- Strong technical and scientific backgrounds, many of us being former scientists and patent holders ourselves; and
- Excellent efficiency that has come to define our practice, adding value to clients’ businesses without excessive costs.
Lucas & Mercanti, LLP is a boutique law firm offering expertise and experience in intellectual property law which matches or exceeds, the intellectual property departments at the largest law firms.
We are based in New York City, near the New York Stock Exchange. From this lower Manhattan location, we provide our services globally. Several members of our professional staff are multilingual, so we can communicate with many of our clients in their native language, including German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and French. Through the years, we have also built a strong international network of IP law firms and agents. These valuable colleagues, themselves from top-tier firms in their respective countries, regularly work with us and our clients to obtain foreign patents, trademarks, copyrights and multinational licenses.
In turn, they frequently seek our services to protect their own clients’ patent and trademark applications in the USPTO. Lucas & Mercanti is happy to contribute to your continued success. Please contact us to learn more about how we will help you reach your many goals.